Thursday, 17 September 2015

Day 1 UBUD

I awoke to the sounds of a cock crowing and children chanting school work in the adjoining property! The grounds of the yoga barn are magnificent. The paintings on the walls reminiscent of Kuri and dwellings in Rhajastan, India. 

The entrance to our room complete with padlock!
The tropical plants, sound of running water, birds and butterflies flitting about and the unique smells of Bali - a mixture of sewerage and skanky water mixed with incense! 

The included breakfast was delightful. I wasn't quite game enough to try the cafe latte but had a wonderful pot of black tea, plate of tropical fruit salad and Bircher muesli. 


We then joined a full room of others for some Hatha Yoga. Quite varied abilities in the class and I chose to skip the headstand asana. Didn't want to prolapse a neck disc at the start of our holiday!
Yogis sure like their wheatgrass! 

We hit the town, finding a lovely cafe called "KAFE" where we shared some delicious dishes - red rice Nasi goreng with cashew nuts and salad with tofu and sesame seeds and tahini dressing. We then ambled about town checking out a few shops and the market and minding we didn't fall through one of many holes in the pavement to land in the drain/sewerage water. 

How progressive! All through Ubud are these two bin systems for organic and non organic waste! I have no idea what happens to it after that! 



No comments:

Post a Comment