Sera and I managed to negotiate a price of 150.000Rp still steep) and made the most of it, getting the driver to wait whilst we hit the Bintang Supermarket to stock up on lunch and snack supplies and water. I've managed to find cans of made up milo ( Hamish thinks it's a strange sensation to shake up a can and crack it open without risking a fizz explosion); he's also decided peanut butter is ok after all (thankfully as its a fall back when he rejects the pancakes, noodles, fried rice, burgers, juice and pretty much everything else except French fries, toast and soft drink!) We then enjoyed two frappes which were sensational and allowed us to use wifi which is severely restricted at Waecicu, I changed some more Aussie $ and bought Will some 'Oakley' sunglasses after some bargaining for 45,000Rp which had already lost one of their brand tags before I got them back to Will. We also found a bakery frequented by Europeans that sold chocolate muffins and some fantastic wholemeal bread that actually tasted like bread rather than the sweet local stuff (one of the few things Hamish likes of local food).
Did some washing in the bathroom sink with our local laundry soap

No comments:
Post a Comment